Friday, May 30, 2014

Hairless

5/27
Mile 460
In the morning at the Saufleys, Sierra shaved my head with a one inch buzzer. I've always wanted to know what it is like to have a lack of lions mane. So I decided to stop wondering. Yes, stop wondering and just do it. It feels amazing. A part of my personality that has been buried under my curly blanket of wool is now exposed. Left the saufleys. Hiked til. 11:30.
My hair in a box

Changes

Dirty joe and his new mullet, me with no hair :)

5/28
Mile 478
Woke up and said goodbye to Moonshine. Tink got a 24 stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down. She was depleted. It was sad and I was worried about her. But I knew she would make it and be okay. Moonshine carried her pack and his, 8 miles back to the saufleys. He's a saint. Arrived at the Anderson's house with dirty joe. We were welcomed with a big round of applause. Ms Anderson insisted we drop our packs down and wash our hands, grab a drink and get some taco salad. She said she'd spank us with her ruler if we didn't keep our plates below the bowls of food. I got spanked. The Anderson's back yard is a Manzanita tree playground. Lots of great campsites. Stayed up and played. 



5/29
Woke up to do yoga, had pancakes and coffee made by mr. Anderson.  Spent the day relaxing at hippie day care. Painted a rock. Feeling lazy and wanting to get back on trail, back home. 

5/30
Mile 522
Left the Anderson's hitched the road walk of the 30 mile closure. Made it to "hiker town" (a creepy fake town) before descending into the Mojave after sunset. 
Puppies in a box. 

Hitch "hiking"

No comments:

Post a Comment