Sunday, May 4, 2014

Near0

5/3
Day... ? 
Mile 115
Took my first near zero "near0" day at warner springs recreation center with a whole crew of lovely fellows. Slept in til 7, did laundry! Showered outside! Ate pie for breakfast. Got my first resupply package! Mom and dad hooked it up with some goji berry peanut m&m mix, and snacks on snacks on snacks! They're great at this :) I pretty much had a day of lounging in the shade with my shoes off. The rec center happened to be celebrating the "50th anniversary of wilderness" (lol) so the Sierra club was there and so were some amazing people providing us hikers with a burrito lunch with cilantro! And a cake that said PCT. I find myself wanting to laugh and cry at the beautifully kind gestures of non thru hikers. Trail magic: Today I found in a hiker box what I wish I had bought- Yogi guides laminated pages of resupply points. Score! The trail provides :) The first shower in a week took all my natural oils away and Made my skin and hair felt so dry. 

Left warner springs around 4:20 with a good lil crew, "cheeseburger," josh and "so way". Had a great time hiking in the evening with them, about 6 miles. Set up shelter by a creek with many frogs and their sounds. It's a great camp site with great people to share it with. I am so tired! Had a rehydrated Apple
Waldorf cabbage salad with tuna. Pretty tasty, so full. Good night! 
Oh yeah- Epsom salt vibrating, warm, bubbling foot baths happened. Nice pedicures boys.
So did this tree


1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah, great following you. Gracie has a question...how many miles are you planning to hike in total and how long will it take you?

    ReplyDelete