Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mojave baby

5/31
Mile 541. Hiked in to Tyler horse canyon at 2 am after walking among the wind turbines and the stars. So peaceful. Left in the pm for a night hike but only made it 7 miles before the darkness lured me to sleep. Night hiking is not my thing. I like waking up with the sun and making an adventure of the day. I just get sleepy and tunnel visioned at night. 









6/1
Mile 548
Hiked 10 miles into tehachapi. A nice man in a big truck picked me and my hitch buddies up and drove us to town and the post office. Got my resupply full of food and a new phone charger. Sent home my chacos, my sun umbrella which I fell on top of with my pack on and broke (the same day I was complaining about how useless it was). 



6/2
Mile 566
Left the town of tehachapi. As DJ, RB and I got a ride to the trail, Hatchet, Microwave and Copper showed up! It's hard to stay together with all your friends when were all hiking our own hike. 
DJ Hiker trash cocktail 

6/3
Mile 583
Hiked 17 miles to water. Kinda leaving the desert? It's felt like I've been in the desert this whole hike. Can't wait to get into the Sierras! Letting the soothing sounds of wind turbines put me to sleep.







Short hair don't care 

Gil the Israeli and Risky business 

Tree climbers











No comments:

Post a Comment