Day 12
Idyl wyld was a great place to relax and avoid the cold rain. Stayed at the idle wyld inn in a cabin. The organic store gave thru hikers a bag of sprouted nuts. Pizza and beer was delicious. 10% off for us. Bought a 3$ hula hoop at the grocery. Hiked to the base of San jacinto at humble park (?). Man I am not very good at documenting. Awesome campsite with buddies at the edge of a cliff. Woke up to summit san jacinto.
179
San jacinto . Peak climb. Off the pct. Beautiful mountain forest uphil climb. Took all morning to summit. Reached the top. Saw Palm city and the desert down below. De escalated back down to a water source and the pCT. Hiked
And didn't keep track of miles or where
I camped. It felt right.
5/09
Day 13
Woke up and hiked 20 miles to mile 200! Left the mountainous forest for the desert. Hiked downhill all day. Looked forward to seeing Michelle today.
Walked 2 miles off trail to wait for Michelle and Jerry to pick me up from the windy side of the highway. As I waited there for them, I felt many things. Being so close to a fast paced city I felt anxious, frustrated and resistant. Sad at how sad the front country life makes me feel while Living lucidly in the back country . The sounds and the feels of cars rushing is just not comforting or safe feeling to me right now. I missed the trail instantly. Although It was so nice to be scooped up by Michelle and her mama. Taken to palm springs (so fancy) where stripes are clearly IN. Had a nice Mexican chicken avocado salad with 2 margaritas that got me sufficiently drunk. Oy! Then these lovely ladies dropped me
Off back at the trail (reunited and it felt so right) to hike into the dark to ziggy and the bear hostel for hikers. Was welcomed warmly by friends.
Did I mention I have a trail name that has stuck? It's "Biscuit." I no longer go by my birth name on trail. Most people at this point have names. I like mine a lot. I guess if you know me it makes sense. Tinkerbell named me because she heard me while hiking saying "ehh they're not the biscuits" while being asked about bands I may like. She said she wants to call me biscuit. So everyone started calling me biscuits and it is nice that I'm called it by people who have no idea who the disco biscuits are.
Tink took this picture either before of after she named me.




















Biscuit, I love it! Gracie would like to know how many miles you think you'll rack up in total.
ReplyDeletekate
What's up Biscuit... this is Can't Hike 55 in Big Bear. Good to see you still trekking along!! Hit me up when you get into B.B. Stay Frosty!!
ReplyDeleteMy Wild child.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of anything else that you should be doing at this point in your life. I think you are wise beyond your years and that you were meant to have this experience. So, that your "two worlds colliding"; will ultimately benefit others in ways you can't forsee. I know it's difficult to fully articulate. But, being your mother. ....... I understand you telepathically. ....
Love you Sweetness!
Such beautiful photos!
ReplyDelete