Monday, May 19, 2014

Must experience the experience... More.



5/16
I was soooo hot today. So drained of energy. All I had to do was make it 10 miles to Deep creek hot springs!  Those ten miles felt so long. I passed the 300 mile mark en route. Woo! Hah. Baby steps. 

This is Sparta. Nah. 

This is Waterbug 


Made it to the place that was not what I expected it to be. It was beautiful. I jumped in the cool pool and swam under a slackline to the warm pool. Clothing optional.... There were so many naked people! I feel so immature when I see penises of people who's penises I do not want to see. Slept by a rushing stream so I was lucky to not hear the drunk locals at night.

Sorry no photos. 


5/17
Mile 328
Little over 20 today. Trail magic is the word of the day. Hiked 6 miles in the hot hot desert heat to find Shepard, a trail angel greeting me with a root beer float. A ROOT BEER FLOAT IN THE DESERT. Yes please. And hot dogs. Mmm. 
So at point, it was 11 am. I had only 2 liters with me. I drank them by 12 and stupidly missed the two places to fill up, so by my 15th mile I was so THIRSTY. This thirst was LITERALLY 2 hours of fantasizing about times of hydration, past and future. The sips of splashes of h2o, crystal clear fantastic life force. I wanted water pretty badly, more than the most water I could fathom. If given the opportunity- I would drink all the water! I was greeted by friends of el "siesta fiesta" who were sufficiently chilling out under the shade of a tree on one very windy "bridge." All I could muster was "is there water under this bridge?" Good people, soon to be my good trail friends, donated water to my thirsty fund.  Slept at a campsite by a glorious (man made?) lake in the desert filled with sport boat drivers not actually using their boats for "sports." 
Fell asleep to actual DRONES light up purple (owned by these boat owners) having a drone war in the sky. I thought it was aliens. But no, even creepier and more exposing. Ech. 


Sweet hike bro 

Moonshine on the rainbow (literally)
Gah so corny and gooooood

Said "lake"
This is Sierra!
Uh so much awesomeness. 
Beauty

Attack of the drones!


Yep. Past hiker midnight! (9pm)
Creepy "A.F." (As fuck)

5/18
347.12
Hiked 19 give or take.
Awoke with Siesta Fiesta folk and began my birth-day hike towards a mcdonalds in somewhere California. I walked with Risky Business and Dirty Joe No Shoes . Good kids. Arrived at mcdonalds down to eat whatever. I was welcomed by hiker trash (smelly and dirty friends with their homes on their backs) who arrived earlier than I, wishing me happy birthday. Giant also has the same birthday- a kind person I met yesterday at the lake oasis picnic area. At mcdonalds I ordered a crispy chicken BLT, medium fries, snack size mcflurry with Reese's and Oreo (:0) and A dr pepper. America! 
Walked across the terrifying highway to the best western where my next resupply package is located.. (Among birthday treats) I received a bottle of wine. In a glass bottle. With a twist off top. From Kate and David! I felt so loved all day due to family on and off the trail. But ohm I god did I feel awful hiking 6 more miles uphill from 5-8:30 pm. And that heavy glass bottle I packed out made my pack super heavy. I had to preserve the essence of the wine. Then to arrive on the San Andreas falt to camp out for my bday night as the sun set. And as I walked into the fault line Moonshine played his newfound guitar and sang his cords as I sat with Tink in her Taj tent palace. As I started drinking this beautiful red blend of wine called Spur, friends of Fiesta Siesta came over (#1, testament, dayglo, gypsy , Brent, man boy, hatchet, Nostradamus) it was a party of amazing people doing what amazing people do in the desert on my birthday. Beautiful glorious life! Hello twenty twenty twenty FOUR. (Hours ago... I wanna be sedated) 

So far so good
Wait I have to hike how many more?! JK lol I love my life.

Aw helllll yeah

Um OKAY
Wine in bubble wrap! Best birthday ever :) Thanks Hindins

No comments:

Post a Comment