Mile 385
Left the Christian youth camp and walked through the neighborhoods of wrightwood. The homes were very quaint and homey but no one seemed to be home. Had breakfast at the evergreen cafe. Easter decor like Ive never seen before. Sierra and I kept asking "is this real life?" Because the town was so surreal. Started hiking at 12ish. While hiking alone in my own space I had a moment of pure ecstasy. I thought to myself "I came to the woods to live deliberately" and then realized how powerful the quote on my moms birthday card to me was. It was hd thoreau "go confidently I the direction of your dreams, live the live you've always wanted" or something like that. I then laughed and cried, cried and laughed, feeling like my parents are proud of me for following my heart. It was a powerful gem of a moment. All afternoon I had a terrible stomach ache and was burping so much and so loudly. Hiked so much elevation on mount Baden Powell. It was a pain in the butt with a really bad stomach ache. Hiked with microwave and copper, hatchet and moonshine. At 4-5 I convinced everyone to not stop before the summit at a measly but high elevation 7 miles and hike to the campsite at little jimmy creek. So we hiked another 7. Hiked over a sea of clouds into the night. It was a sketchy night hike, with steep drop off cliffs. Microwave and I howled at eachother to confirm we were alive. It was comforting. I sang a lot today: Ella Fitzgerald "I've got my love to keep me warm," Paul McCartney "heart of the country," and a song I made up about the pct. I was so happy to finally arrive at the camp ground at 9:30. Stomach is better, happy to see ninja, dirty joe no shoes, and risky business. Night!


No comments:
Post a Comment