Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dinsmores

Hitched from Stevens pass ski mountain with smokey, tin tin, and peppa. Smokey mentioned how someone got a ride in a Ferrari, I think dust bunny. In that moment, after waiting in the cold wetness, a massive coach tour bus pulled over for us! This awesome and kind gentleman puled over for us. "There's plenty of room" he said, as we climbed in with our very smelly mobile homes and muddy shoes and gaiters. 

 and  to the dinsmores, hiker haven outside of skykomish (keep forgetting the name). I met Andrea and Jerry and Milestone, very warm and welcoming. Every one was here: siesta fiesta had zeroed there, Hornsby and happy feet, cheese burger and danger spoon... So many people! We all slept in bunks and in reclining chairs and on the floor. Stomper was nice enought to give me his bed because he stayed the night before.   I stayed a second night. My logic was... It's raining, I'd rather do more miles tomorrow than just doing 5 today and not have to sett up and/or wakeup in the rain. I relaxed and had breakfast with Snokey, tin tin and V. When I got back to the dinsmores, switch had arrived. So happy about that. Asked her if she'd seem gizmo and dirtnap. And then like that, they showed up. Just the four of us stayed the night. Breakfast with them. 


9/26
2490
Left  as it rained after another diner breakfast and loads of coffee. Left in a trail angels gold van, named Jim- with Switch, gizmo and dirtnap. Ran into crackerjack 3d and V on trail. And Mercia.
Ggs birthday! Happy birthday to one of the more amazing woman in my world. You rock. 
And Shana tova, happy new year Jew year!!!!

I love hearing raindrops fall. And planes come and go in the night. It stopped raining but the tree water is falling down on my tent with graceful gravity. It's inspiring me to write music. It sounds like brilliant music. Made by nature. 

(If you were wondering)
I was given an edible snickerdank cookie. I had only two literal little crumbs before dinner.  And wow, the person who give it to me was right- potent! I don't smoke, I just eat :) so this was a treat. 




First night at the dinsmores was a party - wood oven marshmallows (note the hu-man squewer (sp/word?). 

I thought about cats a lot this week. I MISS KITTIES. I miss Sofie and really miss nosey and colombus. But since they both passed while I've been on the trail / I feel close to them. Like they aren't far away. They are with me. Closer than ever. Just like Jasmine and Grampa .

So many great people have mAde it to the border! Great job guys, you're all amazing! There's a somebody I'm longing to see, I doubt it will happen but it could quite possibly. And a few people I wish could all come together and get down once after the trail. Unfortunately were all going fast in our own directions After  the trail. God I hate typing on this stupid smart phone . 

For dinner I had chili mac with beef spinach and mushrooms with dehydrated sour cream (best hiker box find!) and an apple cider hot toddy. Mmm. 

Ugh I hate the bugging, squeaky sound of picas or rodents in the day or at night! I hate those creatures... Even if they are the cute things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment