Thursday, October 9, 2014

9/30 club


9/30
2567
How lucky am I to have camped with Seahawk and bumblebee in the rain. We stayed in our tents until 8, slowly packing up everything that was sopping wet. I woke up with my tent in a puddle practically. Sang good day sunshine with Seahawk, as he bumped the instrumentals. Hardly drank any water today. But did 23 miles which is an accomplishment for me in Washington. 
No sunshine to dry my tent out. Washington is a wet, slippery jungle gym.
Being cold and wet really sucks. But it's character building I tell myself. It makes me feel very resilient. I can handle anything. Every time the sun would show it's face behind layers of cloud, I would scream with every fiber of my being, from the belly, throat, chest and mouth! 
I cried a little bit to myself today when I thought about finishing the PCT. I'll be done in a week. How am I going to feel when I am no longer going north? I have spent the last almost 6 months (half a year?!) Walking from Mexico to Canada on American soil. Pushing myself emotionally, physically, mentally, growing spiritually more than I can comprehend. Filling in the spaces of who I am. Becoming more myself. I will be so proud of myself for completing this one single goal of thru-hiking the pacific crest trail. There is infinite learning that occurred on this journey and it has only just begun, I must remind myself. It doesn't end when the trail ends. I must remind myself that to not fall into depression after the trail, assimilating back into "societal culture" I must focus on the basics to help ease my transition. Focus on my Diet (not being processed dehydrated food), curb the hiker hunger, exercise doing things I love (getting back into tennis and waterskiing, maybe surfing? I also imagined cross country skiing on the beach in the sand... Not sure if this is possible but I am willing to do some online research), spending real and present time with people I love and have missed. Basic simple bare necessities. Of course watch all the movies I've thought about on trail, read all the books friends have recommended, cook all the delicious and somewhat bizarre recipes I've conjured, and then I can focus on my real goals. "One step at a time" I must remind myself to focus on, literally. 

The platypus that Bee gave me Justbroke tonight :(
There are mice, reckless mice swarming my tent and running under and around it. Last night a mouse ate through Bees tent and ate a snickers. And popped in her tent. Also last night, America told me a mouse ate his cannacookie. And switchs tent was eaten thorough the night before.

How lucky I am to find dirtnap gizmo and switch at the hemlock campsite tonight! Mercia went on! Hiking through the night To stehiken! I'll Be there tomorrow! Can't wait to dry myself and all my things that are supposed to be dry to keep me warm! And the bakery in stehiken! 




No comments:

Post a Comment