Saturday, August 30, 2014

Transitioning off trail for a hot moment


8/28
2082
It feels like my last night on trail because I'm flying out of Portland tomorrow on a red eye to boston. 
I'm convinced I'm turning into a huckleberry- my fingers and face are going blue! I'm turning violet, violet! 
Arrived at ollalie lake resort and had a hot cuppa coffee. Ninja was there. This is the place where mt. Jefferson is shot for the cover of mountain house meal bags. Pretty cool. Met sacred cow and caboose for the first time, so they are no longer mystical characters to me. Cool peoples. Pippin caught up to me of course, and I am camping with her and Blisster. Blisster taught me a lot of historiography today. Camping at clackamas lake camp ground- "glamping" with running water and privy. Hiked 32 miles today before 9! Weee :)
I should start writing about my dinners- tonight is Annie's white cheddar shells with powdered milk, curry powder, dehydrated sausage, peas and spinach, with a pack of sriratcha, mayo and some sundries tomatoes. Flavor country!


Who?

So many handfuls of huckleberrys! Last week of the season! 





Being cheeky


No comments:

Post a Comment