Saturday, August 30, 2014

Biggest day in Oregon




8/27
2051
28 miles
This was the "Biggest day" in Oregon according to the elevation, 6402 gain and 5508 loss. Had a great morning berry influenced BM. Hiked around glorious mt. Jefferson today. And saw Mt. Hood from afar! Had lunch with a napping Reverend "Blisster" he made coffee and gave me a salted mocha caramel Mmm! Met Dimples for the first time. And started hiking with Pippin for the afternoon. Listened to the biscuits while hiking for the first time in months, actually. It was awesome. April 22 of this year at the electric factory. Allen's drum solo of jigsaw earth made me smile, and the peak of munchkin invasion accompanied at the top of my climb. Of course seeing mt. Hood for the first time while "once the fidler paid" encore was on.
You never know where you're going until you get there. 
I'd like to come back and hike all of Oregon. It's all such fantastic, lush, feel good hiking! I love hiking ah! And now I practically run uphill. I'm impressed with my self and how I have improved as a hiker. Way stronger and faster. I do need a massage... When I have no more miles to hike. Sad and happy day! 
Blogging takes away from sleep. And so does night hiking, but I have no real choice there. Peanut butter m&ms are the best. Then Pretzle, then almond, then peanut, then plain. And blue is the superior color. If anyone has opinions on this matter, I'd like to discuss. 


Jefferson 




Tree on trail




"Closed for rehab"





Happy happy joy joy

Mt Hood from afar!
1st snow walk since the sierras! 

Jefferson all damn day


Best windy sunset ridge walk of my life



2 comments: