Monday, August 25, 2014

Rewrite of deleted awesomeness

8/22
1939
Brama lake
Really enjoyed the day and the people.





8/23
1959
Elk lake resort
Wasn't planning on going down to this resort a mile off trail, but this fantastic group of older folks who all hiked the AT and all of the pct in sections together, who I've become friendly with, invited Me Dustbunny Birdbath and Karma to dine with them at the lodge, and they would take us out, including beer. I'll spare the details of who these fine folks are, outside of the trail. We contemplated for less than but a moment. We stopped eating our jerky and m and ms and walked down to this surprise magical bluegrass camping festival that was simple and down to earth. Families and fun. Went in the lodge for a great dinner. We really enjoyed this night of trail magic together. Got silly and drunk, after our trail angel friends left. Fell asleep and set up our tents whilst intoxicated. It's quite good for the soul to Joyously drink and lose sharpness of your motor control, with fine friends to laugh with you at all the hilarity.  



8/24
1979 glacier creek
Woke up right in between the lodge and the lake. Early morning hiker trash, respectfully leaving it cleaner than how we found it. Decided to wait and stay for breakfast. Did good yoga while waiting for the place to open. Eggs Benedict with avocado and bacon. Then Ice cream before hiking out. Oi.
Walked through Sisters. At night passed Obsidian waterfall. Obsidian earth everywhere to be found. Shiny and jet black shards, chunks and boulders of the stuff. And a waterfall. Too dark to capture it on this stupid/smart phone. 















8/25
Walked through more of sisters. Epic. Walked through lava fields all day. Really slows you down. 



Oh yeah, I made it to mile 2,000. Two thousand.TWOTHOUSAND. Ok done gloating. I did smile about it. Only like 700 more miles left. The first 700 mile mark at Kennedy meadows felt like yesterday, and getting there felt like eternity.

So now I have arrived at big lake youth camp, a 7 day adventurist evangelist camp. Great vibes. All donation based, Free laundry showers food and chai (!!!) and cocoa. Staying for breakfast. Picked up my package. Cell service and internet I don't know what to do with. Camping on a cove, slippery sound of water tides. And I just heard what sounds like a bear cry and yell. Twice. Thrice! 4 times... Holy shit. I'm scared.























No comments:

Post a Comment