Friday, June 20, 2014

Magic mile 700!














6/13
Mile 730.
Friday the 13th, sleeping at death canyon. Hiked 24 miles today. Got into camp where risky and dirty were sitting around a fire. My nickname has become "tough biscuit". We are dirty, risky and tough. Pretty much sums us up.  First real day in the sierras! It is mighty magnificent. 











6/12
Mile 706
Woke up feeling sick :( Hiked 6 miles into Kennedy meadows. Pretty monumental day. Passed mile 700. Entering the south part of the real sierras. Still desert though. Did I mention I have a painful sinus throat cold? It sucks. Makes hiking a real pain. Got to the Kennedy meadows general store where hikers gathered and hung out on the patio, drinking beers, eating burgers, playing cards. Still no cell service. Left around 7 to hike out. Passed the sign that says sequoia national forest. Weee! My cold really drained me so I only made it 2 miles to a bridge over the south fork of the kern river, were I ran into Hatchet, Nostradamus and twinkle toes. Dirty and I camped there and stayed for a Quechua shamanic full moon journey led by an amazing 60 yr old woman named Twinkle Toes.






6/11
Mile 697.
Felt loopy and not myself today. Tired and not feeling like hiking. Later in the day my throat felt not good- itchy and scratchy. We met up with the kern river and camped by it. 

6/10
683
Fox mill spring. Amazing day. Hiked 18 miles. 



















Mile 665.
Hiked out of Isabella at night and ran into microwave and copper! Hiked 13 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment