Tuesday, September 16, 2014

White Pass


9/14
Hiked only 8 miles into whites pass. Yesterday I slipped 6 or so times coming down goat rocks wilderness because of my old beloved shoes. I popped my hip belt strap from the impact. I was planning on getting my resupply and hiking out, but instead I shared a room with cheeseburger, Cracker Jack, danger spoon, and good will. I sewed my pack with dental floss while watching 27 dresses. First time I've actually sat in front of a tv on trail. Later, siesta fiesta made a pasta dinner and we watched flight and the wolf of Wall Street- such a treat!

I ran into/met Story book for the first time since kick off! She's south bounding now, taking her time. So good to reunite.


Shoes are f$&@ed. Luckily easy hiking the next 100 miles to Snoqualomie where my new Salomon shoes await me! Perfect timing considering north of there is some of the steepest and most difficult terrain. 


9/15
2319
I saw bumblebee before getting on trail, first time since mammoth. 
 Enjoyed hiking in my own space and solitude today. Put my poles away, hands free, played with my ball of chi. 
Shoe lace broke today. Runnin them to the ground! 
Oh my gawd, I was just thinking about that woman River I met around mile 300. And boom, i see her coming south towards me. How mysterious the universe works, how magical the trail is. 

Hot toddy tonight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment