9/04
2155Walked into cascade locks, the final day of Oregon. The alternate route through eagle creek and all the waterfalls were magnificent.
See Facebook for more pictures! I deleted them, sorry! (Not having enough space on my phone I very frustrating)
Couldn't believe there was an island between Washington and Oregon called thunder island. I saw thunder island Brewing co. And saw my ladies Pippin and Dimples! And Hugs and pockets and Karaoke.
I met the lovely lady of Osprey, the man who started trail days, Jason and his artist accomplice Matt. And I met All Good from ALDHA West.
Next morning I saw Waterbug who I haven't seen since deep creek hot springs! Right at mile 300! I ran into a few people I haven't seen in a while who are either Ahead, behind, who skipped big portions, or who flip flopped south bound because of the fires.
Next morning I saw Chef and her fantastic love van cooking machine. I missed the breaky burritos but she made me the best damn oatmeal I've ever had- homemade Chia banana pudding oatmeal. I burnt my finger making my coffee. Chef gave me emule oil that is really good for burns.
I saw two amazing people who I met after warner pass, on their first night on trail- a fancy little couple named Dang it and Ferd.
Later in the weekend I see another favorite couple-Gizmo and Dirtnap! They biked around the fires. Then I see another great couple Hippo and thirsty! And then Tin tin and Smokey! Then Birdbath and Karma! And Blister, dangerspoon and dust bunny!
Ah so many great peoples- microwave timone veganaise no mayo gypsy brent dayglo m80 trooper willow 3D string cheese Gil party saver trolley Mary poppin
I met the famous String Bean and his friend.
Literally everyone was there. I bought a mont bell Umbrella for my fear of wet coldness.
Hung out at the Next adventure outfitter tent. They held down the Hiker trash.
Jason threw an epic dance party featuring Marvin Gaye and Paul Simon.
Pct raffle occurred. People won sweet gear and the pct took funds.
9/07
2174
At breakfast at Char burger. Pct omelette with a side of gravy. Starting off Washington warm... Except it was already hot at sea level... Walked over the
Bridge of the gods. Hello Washington!
What they say is true... Oregon is flat and Washington is up and down and up and down and up and down. Oi! My shoes have no traction. I need a new pair so badly! Hopefully Salomon will be sending mine right now!
Camped at rock creek with like 20 other hikers who all left trail days. It was tight. We all have "hike and camp in big group" phobia.
9/08
Camped at a water cache with Blisster Dust bunny, spoon, Siesta fiesta, Switch.
9/09
2214
First time I haven't filtered water. It was a spring coming from a PVC pipe. I was feeling lazy thirst and trusting. Lunch with gizmo and dirtnap. Wisdom from Gizmo: "walking is the only mode of transportation that you can be going somewhere and be somewhere at the same time."
I've been totally ravenously hungry all day. Hiker hunger with a vengeance. Taking time off trail at the reunion and at trail days slowed my metabolism enough for it to come back with gusto with all this up and down. Never been more hungry all the time. Feeling super low on energy. Head cold? Uh oh. Camped at Blue lake with Switch and siesta. Early Windy cold.
Cried all night in a vivid dream where I connected with my deceased grampa George.
9/10
2237
Sinuses hurt. Sore throat. Huckleberry picking. Mmmm.
I pulled my Groin. Got to the town of Trout lake. It is Cheeseburgers birthday. I bought a little plastic bottle of Pendleton Canadian blended Whiskey made in Hood river Oregon to keep me warm in Washington and the border of Canada!
9/11
2253
Left trout lake after a huge breakfast. Hitched in the back of a pick up. I declared I want to learn how to cry more frequently. For cathartic reasons. Battling my cold. Hiked around mount Adams.
2.5 miles away from camp, I took a wrong side trail for 1.5 miles. I saw a man camped alone, enjoying the sunset. I told him i just went 3 miles out of my way down and up steep rocky terrain. He said, you going to Canada? Good luck on the rest of your journey! I started to cry, feeling proud I have made it so far. Like wow i am almost to Canada! Then while fording a really scary glacial river as the sun had just set- "I am a badass" I said to myself, as I cried tears of frustration and pride. Upset that I hiked 3 miles Out of my way. It got So cold. Fire friends food awaited me. Amazing.
This is where I got off trail accidentally spaced out, got lost picking huckleberries at 7 pm... Whoops.
Wisdom of the day:
"You will get what you ask for."
Thanks Testament
9/12
2273
Woke up this morning with Frost! Frozen creek and waterfall! I stayed warm enough. Found a plentiful patch of Huckleberries. Took my pack off and realized I could stretch and do yoga while picking berries. As opposed to hovering and squatting with my pack on. This is huckleberry healing. Taking care of my muscles and my cold by consuming loads of antioxidants. A woman coming south, Catdog, said that from Snoqualomie north is the hardest terrain, and coldest and wettest. I think I knew that. So glad to be getting my new shoes in Snoqualomie! And Nutella :)







No comments:
Post a Comment