2468
Woke up to light rain. Sea hawk and bumblebee left camp before me. I didn't make coffee... And wondered why I was dragging all morning. Crossed a potentially dangerous creek crossing. It was slippery from rain all day. So it was dangerous.
I tried to take water from the next source... Murphy's law- what can happen will happen. So my water bag for my sawyer squeeze broke. Just popped as I sat on it. The sawyer "sit" I call it. So I had no way to filter or treat water. This was not good. Funny because I just told Seahawk yesterday to sit on his platypus instead of squeeze it. Good he didn't listen to me. I decided to try to catch them for some didn't see them all day so I got thirsty enough to say "F--k it, if saving my thirst means getting Giardia, I'll take it- I only have two more weeks, it should only kick in after I make it to Canada". Took water from "deception creek". Made coffee even. Changed the mood of my day. Drank delicious water I didn't have to filter and drink hot creamy and sweet coffee. I became happy just like that.
Rained pretty much all day. My red umbrella is my favorite piece of gear. I hook it to my sternum strap so it's hands free, and kinda rests on my head, neck and behind my ear. I forget it's there sometimes.
Didn't drink water the rest of the day, kinda paranoid.
Miles are hard in Washington! 1000 ft in 1 mile, ouch, touché Washington.
Thirsty, dark, misty evening. Thank god my charger charged my headlamp last night. Phones about to die but I'll be in town tomorrow- the Dinsmores, trail angels home. Got to camp at 8:35. It now gets dark at 7:30! Bumblebee gave me one of her platypus bags. Shes a life saver.
Walking thirsty is torturous. But
Justin's Hazelnut chocolate spread with string cheese- new favorite snack when starving.



No comments:
Post a Comment