Day 1
The three day kick off was full of great people with lots of good advice and experience. Thru hikers know how to have a good time. I was itching to get out of lake morena campsite and start the hike at mile 0. My dad dropped my off at the start and we said our surreal goodbyes. I had more adrenaline pumping through me than I can ever remember. I was accompanied for the majority of the hike by Derek or "Salsa." We spent the day hiking the 20 miles back to lake morena, and a 1/4 mile from the end we were greeted by friendly folks who offered us a beer. yes please! Then we arrived back to the camp ground where pct celebrities clapped and cheered as we entered, also bearing hugs. I was feeling so great and very greatful to be a part of such a cool community.
4/28
Day 2
Last night was another party filled with over flowing pots of delicious chili, more beer, and "yucca"- a margarita like drink that is shaken for 20 minutes for some yucca god ritual reason. It's all fun and games. Waking up, ready to finally get the heck out of lake morena, salsa and I had a lovely hike- about 18 miles. We took a break to fill water and air out feet out at 6 miles and met and ran into some fantastic people (rhino, soft walker, creature). We also heard some strange man in the distance yelling crazy talk into a loud speaker. We are currently cowboy camping (under the stars with no shelt) with other fellow hikers, including soft walker. I just ate some chili mac. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment