There, a place I have never been to, I will meet my wonderful Fasha, Andrew Faigen. We will then drive together to Lake Morena in Campo, CA for the ADZPCTKO (Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off) PARTY.
*Side note- My dad is not just there to see me off, send me on my way, but he is planning on taking off work for 3 weeks sometime in June to meet me and hike the John Muir trail in the Sierras! I've always wanted to kick it with him in the woods, and this will really be the first time for that- pretty epic adventure for the first time! You go dad!
I digress... I am just now geeking out about all the cool things I will see, learn and do at this little festival of hikers.
Here is the (awesome and nerdy) schedule, subject to change:
Thursday
4:00 Registration7:30 “Who Wants To Be A Thru-Hiker” Quiz Game
9:00 “Wayfaring - A Jaunt Along The Camino De Santiago”
Friday
6:00 Rides to the Border7:00 Friends of Bill Wilson
7:00 - 4:30 Vendor Tables
8:00 - 4:00 Wolverines of the PCT Shakedown Shack
9:00 Trail Conditions Report
9:00 Yoga By The Rock
10:00 - 2:00 Post Office Open
10:30 Desert Hiking Techniques Panel
12:00 Avoiding Overuse Injuries
1:30 Snow and Water Report
2:30 Switchback’s Secrets of Ultra-Light Hiking
3:00 Mobile Devices and Apps on the PCT
4:00 Mountain Safety and Snow Travel (At the Rocks)
4:00 Postcards From the PCT
5:30 Dinner: Burritos
6:30 Wildlife Encounters, Food Storage, and Fire Safety on the PCT
7:30 Strider’s Welcome
8:00 5th Annual PCT Video Shorts Festival
10:00 ALL CAMP QUIET HOURS
Saturday
6:00 Rides to the Border9:00 Flora and Fauna of the PCT
9:00 Yoga By The Rock
10:00 - 11:30Silent Auction
10:00 - 2:00 Post Office Open
10:30 Snow and Water Report
12:00 Silent Auction Winners Announced
12:30 Lake Morena Native Plants Interpretive Hike
12:00 Trail Conditions Report
1:30 Mountain Safety and Snow Travel (Pavilion)
2:30 Gear Contest
3:00 Women Trekker’s Gathering
4:00 Group Photo
5:30 Dinner: Burgerama
6:30 Wildlife Encounters, Food Storage, and Fire Safety on the PCT
7:15 PCTA Presentation
7:45 PCT Class of 2013 Video Presentation
9:15 Featured Movie: “As It Happens”
10:00 All Camp Quiet Hours
Things that excite me
Yoga by the rock, each day at 9 am. Ahhh, centering and breathing to start the dessert day ahead.
"Who wants to be a thru hiker" quiz game (not that excited for it, but I love the nerdy sound of it, and I clearly want to be a thru-hiker- duhhh).
Friends of Bill Wilson (don't know who this fellow is, or what his friends will be doing, but I'm down.)
Wolverines (Alumni) Shakedown- (my pack is gonna lose so much weight, I hope to be the biggest loser).
Desert Hiking technique panel- I obvious want to learn how to walk better.
Switchback’s Secrets of Ultra-Light Hiking- I like secrets...
Dinner: Burritos- yum!
Video Shorts Festival- movies that are the perfect length for my attention span!
Snow and Water Report- let's try to not dehydrate, or die!
Silent Auction Winners Announced- I never win things but I sometimes like cheering for people I do not know.
Lake Morena Native Plants Interpretive Hike- yes please (however, I don't quite know what an "interpretive hike" is).
Featured Movie: “As It Happens”- I like the sound of it.
Okay, clearly I'm pretty stoked about each thing on the schedule...
I'm not into this whole "future-tripping" way of thinking, i'd rather like to take it as it comes...
Yes yes, to take it "As It Happens" is the name of the game.
And I'm sorry (I'm not sorry) for all the corniness and exclamation points in this blog post and maybe all of them thus far.
Stay classy, loves!!!!
(embracing the corniness)
WOW! Looks as exciting as it sounds - I am so proud of you for taking it all in. Love you, so much. G.
ReplyDeletemore tapestry I see Hannah! So excited for you.
ReplyDelete